Traffic Safety and Kiss N’ Ride
A few friendly reminders regarding traffic safety and our Drop Off Loop:
- The Kiss n Ride loop off is meant as a drop off so you are to follow the loop to the school side curb and stop for a brief time so your child can get out of the car so he/she can walk to their yard and entry door. DO NOT to park or keep your car idling in this area and walk your child (ren) to the yard or to the entry door.
2. There are two lanes in the Kiss n Ride drop off zone. One lane closest to the school curb is for drop off and the other lane is for traffic flow. No one should EVER walk across the Kiss n Ride lanes. Students must be seated on the right side of the vehicle so they can exit onto the sidewalk safely.
3. All student belongings (knapsacks, lunch bags, projects, etc.) should be inside the car (on child’s lap) for an easy and quick exit. Please DO NOT place knapsacks in your trunk and have your child(ren) retrieve them as cars will come up behind them in drop off zones.
4. Students MUST exit the car through the RIGHT door nearest the sidewalk.
5. Students will need to INDEPENDENTLY open car doors and remove seatbelts. Due to COVID restrictions, staff will NOT be able to assist in this manner.
6. Students will then take the path/sidewalk to their designated entry door. No one should be crossing through the parking lot. Drivers are asked to remain inside their vehicle during the process.
7. Parents who prefer to walk their child(ren) to their designated schoolyard are asked to park on the streets and use sidewalks and walking paths when entering the school ground. Please DO NOT walk through the parking lot.
8. DO NOT stop in front of the driveway entrance to drop off your child(ren). This is dangerous and stops the ‘flow’ of the Kiss N’ Ride. Drive through the Kiss N’ Ride loop.
- The front gate will be closed at 3:15 pm every afternoon to allow access to the school bus and to allow our students to leave the school at 3:40 pm safely. If picking up your children at the end of the school day, please park in neighbouring streets and walk to the school.
- A reminder that the school driveway is ONE WAY. For the safety of our students, DO NOT enter the driveway from the exit. Please do not park in the staff parking lot. These spaces are for our ICN staff.
- Parents who prefer to walk their child(ren) to their designated entry door are asked to park on the streets and use sidewalks and walking paths when entering the school grounds.
Given COVID restrictions, all parents must follow the instructions provided for drop off. For everyone’s safety and security we must maintain physical distancing and other safety practices and protocols to the best of our ability.